Management Accountant (PQ)
Part Qualified Management Accountant job opportunity for an established high growth tech business, London
Your new company
You will be working for one of the UK's leading technology platforms backed by one of the UK's top fund managers. The business has gone from strength to strength over the past 5 years, creating a HQ in London and a global presence with offices across Europe. They are an ambitious team experiencing exceptional growth and are looking for high calibre part qualified accounts to join their team. Based in the tech hub of London this business will give you a vast amount of exposure and the opportunities to fast track your career.
Your new role
Working as the Management Accountant you will report in to the Finance Manager but liaise closely with various people across the business to help inform commercial decision making. You will mentor one junior staff member plus be responsible for the following.
- Full management accounts preparation and analysis plus various ad-hoc management reports
- Preparation of filings with HMRC including VAT returns, Corporation Tax and R&D tax credits
- With the assistance of a junior in the team you will ensure the smooth running of the purchase and sales ledgers
- Accruals, prepayments and journal postings
- Coordinate with other teams with respect of sales, operational processes and projects
- Work alongside the Compliance Team on financial crime controls, and with the Investment Team on operational and campaign matters
- Analysis of financial data
- Month and year-end closure staff
- Bank reconciliations
What you'll need to succeed
You must be a ACCA or CIMA part qualified accountant with a 2 degree to be considered for this role. You should have at least 2 years experience that includes some exposure to month-end and financial reporting or analysis. It is essential you're highly ambitious, articulate and pro-active. This role needs a problem solver that is happy to go beyond the job spec and add value to the business where possible. You should be eager to learn and also be highly competent on Excel.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary plus a study support package. This business also has a long list of other benefits which includes share options, training and support programmes plus various socials. You will have hands on support from the Finance Manager to ensure you're trained to qualify as an accountant as soon as possible and you'll have the opportunity to get involved in commercial responsibilities and start management in the role to help progress your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.