Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Are you a qualified accountant with experience of implementing and updating systems? Do you have the drive to support the success of a leading organisation’s Finance function? If so, this is an amazing opportunity to progress your career as a Head of Finance.
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, our client has been at the heart of the engineering profession since 1847.
They strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
They are now looking for a Head of Finance to join their head office in Westminster, which is based in a stunning Victorian building on Birdcage Walk.
- Competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package - stakeholder pension scheme, private health cover, enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance worth three times your annual salary, flexible working (core hours 10am – 4pm), continuous training and development opportunities
- A minimum of 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, birthday day off, 2 volunteer days per year, annual learning at work day
- Perks including; season ticket loan, gym discounts, bi-annual company parties, free membership of the Institution and professional membership subscription for employees
This is a superb opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact on the operations of a pioneering organisation with a rich history.
Our client believes that their future success depends entirely on their employees’ professional fulfilment and continuing development. They are committed to providing a satisfying and enjoyable work environment for their people and ensure that achievements are rewarded.
What’s more, our client offers an extensive benefits package to encourage a healthy work/life balance, professional development and an easy commute through salary sacrifices such as cycle scheme and season ticket loan.
As the Head of Finance, you will lead our client’s Finance Department. You will also implement a new finance system in April 2019, which will be used by all four of our client’s sites.
In this entirely new role, you’ll ensure that the department provides accurate reporting, evaluation, analysis and commercial support and complies with standards.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead, motivate and develop the Finance Team
- Support the Finance & Commercial Director in preparing and implementing a financial strategy and plan
- Develop, streamline and improve existing system processes
- Lead the planning, forecasting and budgeting processes
- Create and monitor financial risk management policies and internal controls
To join our client as the Head of Finance, you will need:
- To be a qualified accountant with at least five years’ post-qualified experience
- Experience of implementing and updating systems
- Financial experience gained in an SME
- Previous experience of leading a team
The system our client will be implementing is a new version of Microsoft NAV, so experience of this would be beneficial. Previous experience of managing a dispersed team would also be an advantage.
Those with experience in an Accounts, Accountancy, Finance or Financial field are also encouraged to apply.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. Our client looks forward to receiving your application.
They regret that they are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from our client within 28 days of your application for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next step as our client’s Head of Finance, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.