Finance Manager - Music
An independent music group with interests in recordings, publishing, distribution and management is looking for a highly experienced individual to come and fully manage their finance department.
With a dual reporting line to the MD of the company you will be working for the accounting services company that sits in house at this thriving music company and manage a team of 2 people. You will ensure the smooth running of the finance operations to include provision of commercial analysis for decision making to management and contributing to the growth of the company.
Financial Performance and Analysis
- Deliver Monthly Management Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare Annual Budget and Reforecasting with Group FD and Management
- Create Working Capital Management and Cash Flow Forecast Reports
- Statutory Reporting & Audit Process
- Project Appraisals and Project Reporting
- Commercial Analysis for business decision making
- Business Partner to Management, A&R, Marketing and Business Affairs
Accounting & Systems
- Maintaining accurate and robust financial records for Group
- Prepare returns for Corporation Tax (external advisor) , WHT, PAYE/NI VAT
- Financial Approval and Authorisation
- Manage & monitor Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable
- Manage Treasury including foreign exchange
- Manage Royalty process
- Develop and Implement Group Policy, Systems and Procedures
- Management and Development of Finance Team, including training.
- Strong technical and commercial accounting experience ideally gained within the Music Industry experience, particularly copyright and royalties.
- Commercially and Financially aware with good judgement
- Good Academics and ideally a Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA), QBE with extensive music experience will be considered
- Self-starter, team player, organised and able to prioritise and deliver to deadlines
- Professional, good communicator, confident in dealing with management teams
- Strong Excel skills including business modelling
- Quick Books Accounting package experience advantageous
Strong personality with the ability to push back on management, being able to influence and challenge others (including senior management) accordingly;