Senior Finance Manager - Part Time (3 days - 22 hours)
Our client, based in the heart of Exeter are looking for a Senior Finance Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract working 3 days per week (22 hours equivalent).
This position offers a challenging opportunity for an Accountant who will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations process, production of the Financial and Management Accounts, budgets and forecasts whilst supporting the Board in financial matters.
Leading a small finance team, you will take a pro-active and hands on approach in the day to day activities, ensuring processes and reports are delivered in an efficient and timely manner. Our client is looking for a dynamic and committed individual who has demonstrable experience and good technical accounting skills to be able to independently lead in this area.
- Provide proactive and timely expert financial opinion, advice, support and assurance to a portfolio of key stakeholders and projects, determining corrective action where required.
- Deliver effective financial reports and associated commentary, insight and advice to enable effective decision making by stakeholders.
- Provide business and financial planning advice and support to stakeholders and multiple projects.
- Support the development, completion, management and monitoring of the business plans from a financial perspective.
- Develop the capability of key stakeholders in their use of finance processes and systems to ensure adherence to financial regulations, policy and standards.
- Act as a key contact for staff to access the Finance Service.
- Ensure accurate and efficient monthly, quarterly and year end close, including the year-end consolidation.
- Undertake other duties and projects as may be reasonably required.
- Extensive understanding of preparing, analysing and monitoring financial reports, budgets and costings.
- Experience of producing financial statements and other statutory reports.
- Demonstrable detailed experience of budget management and financial control and procedures.
- Report writing for Senior Management.
- Working independently, including experience of prioritising multiple demands, taking ownership of projects and working under pressure, delivering to deadlines.
- Leading, managing and motivating a team to deliver multiple objectives.
- Proactive identification, management and monitoring of financial risk.