Our client, a leading FMCG organisation in its field, requires a Finance Manager to assist the Financial Controller and provide financial and managements report information for the organisation. You will liaise with External & Internal Auditors, Group Finance, Tax, the organisations Business Services and provide reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
You will play a role in the Finance team of 7 who supports the business in the delivery of the Strategic Plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Finance Manager your responsibilities will include managing, training and developing your team. You will be responsible for the company Balance Sheet including monthly full accounts reconciliations, month-end reporting, trend & variance analysis, dealing with Internal & External Audit and other ad-hoc financial activities.
Duties include –
- Taking ownership and co-ordinate the Financial Year End process to ensure timely delivery of Stat Accounts, including:
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow
- Local and Group Management Reporting
- Cost Centres
- Business Partner Stakeholders
- Ensure Local and Group Tax requirements are met at all times and support Group Tax Team with timely and accurate delivery reporting
- Key member of the Internal and External Audit reviews
- Ensure Monthly B/S reviews with Financial Controller with clear action plans insuring they are followed and consistently applied.
- Own and Support the Finance Month-end process and presentation decks. Work closely as one Team with Commercial Finance and the rest of the Finance team to ensure reporting is consistently reviewed, timely, accurate, suitable tailored and relevant
- Responsible of Month-end Balance Sheet submissions to include review, consolidation, commentary and insight
- Detailed preparation of Balance Sheet recs, resolving outstanding items and issues
- Lead monthly balance sheet review with Financial Accountant Manager, FC and FD to understand accuracy and rationale of provision, prepayments and accruals as well issues that need assistance for resolution and risks, opportunities and reserves
- Manage the Fixed Assets register, asset depreciation and amortization and liaising with Hardware, Operation and Commercial Finance departments
- Manage cash analytics and Working capital forecast
- Cash/Bank Reconciliation and Cash Office Management
- From a Balance sheet perspective: FX, PPV and Stock Revaluation
- Bad Debt and Stock provision accounts
- Intercompany Accounting, payments, agreements and allocations
- Audit and Tax pack
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS/TRAINING/ KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Qualified accountant
- 3 years or more Financial/Management accountant experience
- Ideally FMCG/Retail/VC background
- Strong Leadership, Team Player Impact and influencing Skills