Finance & Administration Manager
A rare opportunity to work with one of the worlds most distinguished arts & culture establishment to manage their finance and administration functions. Working within this small company, you will be joining an established, close knit team this is a great position for an individual who likes to take responsibility, enjoys the arts and has a solid bookkeeping background.
Reporting into the MD this is a broad and varied role that spans across finance, HR & administration and will give you visibility across the whole business. The role requires a very relaxed, knowledgeable individual who likes working within a small company. Report
- Prepare & manage the budgets, analysing actuals against performance
- Produce reports for the MD to include weekly sales reports;
- Management of the full bookkeeping function to include purchase, sales and nominal ledgers
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to include P&L, balance sheet, variance analysis, accruals & prepayments;
- Year end accounts to be production in conjunction with the external accountants;
- Manage the payroll, pensions & health insurance;
- Manage the relationships with the banks and other 3rd parties;
- Prepare & submit VAT returns
- Company secretarial duties;
- Manage the debtor & creditor relationships
- Oversee the HR responsibilities (contracts, holidays/sickness/maternity etc)
- Oversee 3rd party contracts/relationships (to include insurance, leases, offices supplies/equipment/cleaners etc);
- Manage stock & stock audits.
- Solid financial management/bookkeeping duties (ideally 7-10 years min), ideally gained within the arts industry;
- Friendly & helpful attitude, who has a can-do outlook;
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy;
- Great communication and interpersonal skills;
- Approachable & down to earth with the ability to manage & handle confidential information;
- Experience within retail would be a distinct advantage.