Finance Analyst - Manufacturing - 6 month FTC
Reed Finance are working exclusively with a Manufacturing business in the Wakefield area in the search for an Accountant with strong analytical skills to undertake a six month fixed term contract. You will work with the Finance Manager to provide relevant insights into business performance and support effective financial planning and analysis. SAP experience is essential.
- Conduct business performance analysis to identify, investigate and understand operational business unit results (e. margins, costs, profitability by client) and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Prepare, challenge and explain accomplishment of budgets and forecasts in coordination with Operations and Commercial teams, and recommend and help implement actions to bring performance back to budget if performance deviates.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and insights on specific issues (e. develop business cases for new business opportunities)
- Prepare reports including rationale for the investment and calculation of expected financial return
- Ensure accuracy of period-end financial closings by providing business expertise into the financial control team and reviewing final output
- Experience in dealing with manufacturing accounting, variance analysis, plant operations and managing multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to "get behind the numbers" and understand key drivers within a business
- Demonstrated ability to identify business cases for new opportunities, and the ability to prepare planning models and/or implementation plans for those opportunities with senior management.
- Experience in implementation and use of financial dashboards/analysis tools
- Experience building strong working relationships across different seniority grades
- Ability to represent finance with the business and the business with finance
- SAP knowledge and advanced Excel user