Head Of Finance
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, VC Backed, disruptive utilities/Tech start-up as a Head Of Finance. This start-up has grown rapidly over the last year and has been able to expand its services across the UK within their first year. This role will be the first dedicated finance and will be tasked with building and developing the finance function to help drive the business through this period of high growth.
This role will be working closely and reporting directly to the CEO and will be responsible for the end to end management of the finance function. And take the lead on setting the function up from scratch.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ownership of management accounts/ month-end reporting
- Bring finance function in house, whilst also liaising with outsourced payroll/AP/ functions
- Develop and implement processes/controls
- Finance Business Partnering - Working with all departments to add commercial value and centralise the finance function.
- Working closely with the CFO on all financial matters including strategic recommendations to the business based on financial reports.
- Ownership and improvement of core processes (payments to core suppliers, rebates back to hiber etc.)
This role requires a candidate with an excellent technical capacity in addition to having the commercial acumen to work closely with the CEO and other board members and act as a senior finance business partner.
- ACA qualified is a necessity
- Previous start-up experience is preferred
- 1-2 industry experience minimum
- Xero experience