This well established manufacturing business are looking to recruit a Financial Controller to provide accurate and timely financial information for one of its UK divisions. Reporting directly to the CFO your role will be varied and encompass all the challenges expected within a UK manufacturing businesses. We are looking for strategic thinkers yet someone who is happy to get involved with the day to day operational said of a manufacturing role. Your remit will include:
- Responsible for all financial operations of the company including reporting, invoicing, cash management, stock control, sales ledger, purchase ledger, nominal ledger and fixed assets.
- Provide financial and commercial support to the General Manager.
- Work closely with the General Manager, Group Cost Accountant and operational staff to ensure all products have accurate and up to date Manufacturing Instructions and Bills Of Materials.
- Take control of stock management, recording and reporting.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting and ensure the integrity of the ledgers and associated systems.
- Ensure the nominal ledger is accurate and that all relevant nominal ledger accounts are reconciled each month.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly management accounts. Investigate and report variances.
- Prepare year-end accounts and audit pack.
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly financial forecasts.
- Manage the Finance Department to ensure the resource available is utilised as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Continuous monitoring and auditing of sales prices and margins, both quoted and actual.
- Publish daily/weekly/monthly production profitability, yield, variance reports etc. to improve the information available to support decision making. Use the reports to identify, and implement, improvements to increase profit margins, improve efficiencies, reduce waste etc.
- Ensure that financial controls are in place across the factory and are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with all tax and regulatory issues.
You will be a confident, commercially aware candidate who is looking for more exposure to strategic decision making. The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) with a minimum of three years post qualification experience. This role is ideally suited to an experienced company accountant/financial controller/finance manager.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please send you CV today.