Interim Head of Finance – Spain
Our client has a strong international ethical presence in industrial property management and development. They are currently seeking an Interim Head of Finance for their Spanish arm of the business primarily focussing on accounting, cash management and reporting activities.
Key accountabilities include:
- Responsibility for evidence/bookkeeping of invoices, bank statements, accruals and provisions, reconciliation of accounts and tax returns in accordance with local GAAP.
- Responsibility for approval of invoices according of payment processes.
- Collection and preparation of accounting documents to be further processed by accountants and tax advisors.
- Ensure correct and timely filing of taxes and levies among others: e.g. VAT, payroll tax, social security, CIT returns
- Responsibility for monthly closings and reporting. Cooperation on preparation of budgets and regular variance analysis.
- Involvement in process of accounting system implementation.
- Communication with tax and financial authorities and outsourced provider of accounting services on tax and accounting issues.
- Preparation/coordination of year end statutory financial statements.
The ideal candidate will be degree educated with high numerical skills. You will have experience in managing multiple companies as well as knowledge of the real estate sector