2 days left
- Full Time
Our client is Private Equity backed and provides IT Support services Implementing and consulting across a portfolio of products. The business services a wide range of blue-chip clients as well as supporting a growing SME customer base. Their support led model is growing rapidly and generates a high level of recurring revenues and cash, subsequently they are poised for further growth. They are seeking a high calibre, ambitious Financial Controller who would like to step up to the CFO position post transaction.
The Financial Controller will oversee the entire finance function and manage a small team. Strong commercial and operational skills will be necessary to drive and support growth. There is a need to implement a new finance system and improve control and reporting. The business plans to undertake acquisitions and the Financial Controller would support due diligence and oversee integrations, whilst creating a first in class finance function. Reporting to the CFO, the role will be an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team and provides an autonomous role with clear progression.
- Manage and develop and build a best-in-class finance function, providing visible and proactive leadership of the finance function to ensure the team are highly engaged and motivated
- Play a lead role in the transformation of the finance function. This would involve implementing a new fully integrated system that will meet the reporting requirements of the business and ensuring that the business is scalable both from a finance and operational perspective.
- To identify and develop suitable KPIs to measure performance within the business to include product and service line profitability, staff utilisation rates and ROI on all R&D spend. Undertaking a full review of operational procedures and business critical issues (both operationally and in relation to business development) to identify effective measurement tools and relevant sales dashboard targets that drive revenue growth and increase profitability
- Review of new contracts and input with service delivery team to drive profitability per contract
- Oversee preparation of monthly management accounts and KPI’s
- Ensure there is enough control and structure to cope with future acquisitions and integrations
- The maintenance of accurate group accounting records and preparation of financial statements for audit
- To challenge the business in a constructive way, driving continued commercial performance and value creation.
- To develop and maintain robust, reliable and value-added financial forecasts and reporting processes
- The maintenance of policies and procedures to ensure effective and robust internal controls
- Work with the CFO to supporting strategic initiatives, price reviews and address investor requests
- Support diligence on all acquisitions and subsequent integration
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- Strong accounting/controlling experience coupled
- Ability and desire to step into the CFO role
- A solid academic background educated to degree level
- Ability to work autonomously and own all finance issues
- Able to build relationships across the organisation and accustomed to working effectively with external advisors
- Be able to communicate financial matters to the business with clarity and transparency
- A self-starter, flexible, trustworthy, reliable, driven and hardworking
- A desire to be in a highly visible role where change is on the agenda
- Interested in having a growing role within the business
- A committed team player with a strong commercial outlook and a hands-on approach
- Strong system and excel skills
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly