£25,919 Per Annum + Benefits
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Golden Lane Housing works with people with a learning disability to provide supported housing around which they can build their lives. We were established as an independent registered charity by Mencap in 1998 to help tackle the immense challenges that people with a learning disability face in finding a home.
The Finance Analyst Role:
Would you like to work for an organisation that was listed as number 8 in the Sunday Times top 100 best not-for-profit organisations to work for in 2018?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking and a diligent individual to join our finance team in Manchester and become a part of our Golden Lane Housing family. The role of Finance Analyst will suit someone who is part CIMA/ACCA qualified with a confident and calm approach to working in a busy environment. This is also an opportunity for someone who may be wanting to progress in to an Accountant role.
Working closely with one of our Accountants and the other Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting on the month end process, statutory/management accounts, reporting, data analysis and financial review of all GLH schemes.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to help shape the financial future of Golden Lane Housing. We are looking for someone who is a superb communicator who can communicate with customers and stakeholders at all levels, able to challenge others, has an eye for detail and the ability to take charge of their own work, as well as work in partnership with the rest of the team.
To be successful in the role, you will be a self-motivated individual, with excellent interpersonal skills and pride yourself on your keen eye for detail. You will be able to accurately analyse, interpret and manage data. You will also need good excel/system experience and an ability to produce reports. Ideally, you will have experience/knowledge within a similar organisation such as a registered social housing provider, although this isn’t essential.
This role will be based in our Manchester office in Chorlton on a Monday – Friday basis.
We are passionate about what we do and are looking for like-minded individuals. If you are looking for a role that will offer you a career and will prove to be rewarding, then we want to hear from you!
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 24 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays) increasing to 27 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our Holiday Plus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to on-going training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary, death in service life cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract