Group Technical Accounting Manager
Partner Financial are working with a Services and Consultancy group based in London. The organisation is going through a period of transition following the arrival of new leadership and a drive to create best in class finance and operational teams.
They are currently seeking to appoint a Group Technical Accounting Lead who can liaise with the various group businesses to advise, support and drive the technical accounting and group policy agenda. This will include looking into new accounting standards, their impacts and implementing relevant go-forward processes.
The company are ideally seeking some who has trained in a top-tier practice who has a strong technical finance knowledge (IFRS) within a large corporate business, either in practice or industry.
- Working with Group and subsidiaries to advise and implement correct and compliant accounting procedures around large contracts in line with IFRS 15, 16 and 9 as well as support on other accounting queries
- Project ad-hoc technical support on new accounting standards, systems improvement and process development
- Coordinating on projects around M&A (business combinations, IFRS 3), disposal accounting etc
- Supporting on various elements of the group audits (half and full year), and inputting into relevant disclosures notes
- Working with the IR team in providing analysis and information for external purposes
- Being able to adapt to various project requirements, teams and individuals to drive a continuous improvement and strong controls environment
The Ideal Candidate:
- Chartered Accountant trained in a top tier practice (ACA, CA etc.)
- Experience in working with large corporate and listed entities being that in audit, advisory or industry
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge and demonstrable experience of delivering, analysing or scrutinising accounting standards for large businesses (IFRS15, 3 are desirable)
- A natural ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- An inquisitive mind-set where you continuously seek process improvement
- The desire to work in a business that pride themselves on promoting internally and creating a first-class finance function
I will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within 24 hours of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.