Our client is an international biotech and FMCG medical devices business focussed on haematology and pain relief.
The Group is looking for a strong, experienced qualified Management Accountant. The successful applicant must have the technical knowledge and be confident in monthly reporting, group consolidations, systems and process documentation, good governance practices and internal controls and financial and tax compliance knowledge and practices.
The Management Accountant (MA) is key position within the Finance Team and is a robust Business Partner, supporting the Finance Director and the Department Heads. A key aspect of the role is to take ownership of the month end closure and monthly management reporting process, support the Finance Director in decision making and develop, implement and maintain an effective international financial control function. The MA is responsible for the Group’s day-to-day financial management and reporting, to ensure that all financial information is accurately recorded in a timely manner, monthly management accounts prepared promptly and accurately and to ensure proper compliance on VAT and payroll/pensions matters. The MA will also support the budgeting and forecasting processes of the Group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management reporting, Compliance and Business Partnering
- Responsible for ensuring efficient and effective month end processes, with complete balance sheet reconciliations and appropriate review sign offs by the Finance Director
- Sales Ledger and Inventory management
- Responsible for all aspects of the Group’s sales ledger including tracking orders and raising invoices to third party logistics providers and exports, credit control, preparing royalty schedules and rebate calculations and statement reconciliations.
- Responsible for weekly sales reporting and dashboards.
- Responsible to track inventory movement and reconciliations to third party reports, prepare monthly inventory procurement reports for the Procurement Team
- Purchase Ledger Oversight responsibility for all aspects of Group’s purchase ledger review and reconciliations, with particular emphasis on appropriate approvals of supplier invoices for payment
- Reporting Ownership and responsibility for the monthly management reporting including preparation of approved journals, accruals, provisions, loan interest and charges, intercompany transactions, revaluations, Group consolidation, producing the management accounts and first draft management report
- Banking and cash management Responsible for preparing and/or reviewing bank payments for authorisation. Release bank payments once approved. Review all the bank reconciliations. Prepare monthly/ weekly cash forecasts to best manage working capital. Ensure that cash management is aligned with covenant restrictions. Maintain day-to-day banking relationships
- Monthly Payroll Responsible for all aspects of monthly payroll, including pensions, and making payments, including all reporting to HMRC. Payroll is outsourced
- VAT Compliance Oversight and preparation of Group’s VAT returns
- Administration General administrative support, as required, including credit card analysis, expense analysis, filing and other tasks as required
- Develop and implement regular, timely and meaningful management information. Be a Business Partner to the Leadership Team and the department heads, provide information and assist with financial control (vs Budget, vs Forecast) of their respective areas to enable effective decision making
- Financial reporting and governance
- Assist with the preparation of Group’s consolidated and individual companies’ statutory financial statements all Group companies and their audits
- Develop and implement transactional accounting processes and controls and ensure all accounting manuals and procedures are up to date
- Create new processes and controls around all new business development
- Recommend changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls
- Financial planning and analysis
- Assist with preparing the Group’s annual budget and re-forecasts
- Financial analytical support to the business
- Coaching and mentoring fellow colleagues
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of degree level education and qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Previous experience within an FMCG or biotech/pharmaceutical/healthcare enterprise would be advantageous
- Experience of working in and for International Groups in SME organisations
- High level of attention to detail
- To be a self-starter, able to work on own initiative and in a team
- Very strong communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent Excel skills required and knowledge of Great Plains would be advantageous
- Excellent organisation skills with demonstrable ability to prioritise work load and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of health and safety as applicable to this role
Salary £48-55,000 p.a. plus benefits