Project Accountant Midlands, 6 months
The main purpose of this role will be to provide comprehensive financial support to investment portfolios across the business. As a key member of a virtual project team you will drive the financial performance and maximise regulatory returns of the investment portfolio across the business.
- Work with Project Management Team to ensure that project forecasts are at all times thorough, comprehensive and fully considered to incorporate accurate risk, and is consistent with the programme.
- Provide a review of performance to Senior Management and project teams, undertaking trend, variance analysis and critical evaluation to drive improved project performance.
- Be recognised as a critical trusted partner for the business utilise your financial expertise and project knowledge to provide support to the wider business.
- Support the Lead Project Manager in interpreting and understanding their portfolio - its regulatory outcomes and financial performance.
- Ensure accuracy of actual costs incurred, that projects are accurately entered on company systems and that there exists an effective control framework.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of expenditure into company systems with auditable supporting information. Monitor company systems to status of the projects are correct and that information is provided in accordance with the month end accounting timetable.
- Pro-actively develop and implement standardised, fit for purpose financial processes to forecast and report on UK Business performance.
- Accurate reporting of Project actual, forecast and budget costs
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant, or part qualified with relevant professional experience and be able to evidence the following skills;
- Possess significant experience of reporting financial information, with a particular focus on investment and appraisal analysis.
- Ability to influence and work as part of a virtual team.
- Proven experience of planning, forecasting and budgeting across a variety of projects.
- Confident in stakeholder management and working across teams to deliver objectives.
- Experience in supporting commercial decisions with relevant financial information.
- Experience of SAP and MS Office would be an advantage.
- Be prepared to travel to sites on adhoc basis.
If you wish to apply for the above position, please call me on 01782 558067 or email on martin @ pontoonsolutions
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is a global HR outsourcing company specializing in improving an organization's talent. We manage the contingent workforce and statement of work resources on behalf of our clients, as well as source and recruit direct hires. Pontoon's approach results in significant cost savings and revenue improvement, increased worker quality, workforce insight and greater regulatory compliance. A division of Adecco with operations in nearly 100 countries and with more than 1,500 colleagues worldwide, the Jacksonville, Florida-based organization delivers solutions to more than 150 industry-leading companies.