Manager or Assistant Manager
Manager or Assistant Manager job with firm in Cambridge. Mixed role, flexible working & strong progression
Hays are recruiting a Manager or Assistant Manager for a top 30 firm in Cambridge.
You will be joining the firm's Corporate team which will ultimately see you acting as a manager on an industry specific and demanding portfolio of clients. You will have responsibility for supervising and developing more junior members of staff whilst assisting your Manager with tasks such as WIP control, billing procedures and debtor control. You will also be expected to be commercial in developing new business at BD and networking events/functions.
- To display a commercial approach to client servicing and to demonstrate maturity in judgement.
- To produce complete client files to consistently good standard, in accordance with the firm's compliance requirements.
- To competently manage all routine tax compliance matters occurring within client assignments.
- To be able to raise high quality business correspondence, including technically demanding reports.
- To take responsibility for portfolio WIP, billing procedures and debtor control through liaison with appropriate partners and Directors.
- To display strong and proactive awareness of current legislation and changes, relating them where appropriate to client assignments.
- To be able to identify opportunities to add value to clients and refer them to the firms's specialists where appropriate.
- To be able to delegate work effectively where appropriate.
- To assist in staff development appraisal meetings and mentoring
- To display a strong team ethic working alongside other managers sharing resources
Training & Development:
- Continued professional development program.
- Annual performance reviews.
- Core business hours 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday (9 -5)
- One-hour unpaid lunch break
- Occasional travel will be required across the region to be at clients' premises for our normal business hours
- Smart working
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- 25 days Holiday pro-rata (ability to purchase up to 5 extra days under our flexible benefits scheme)
- Life Assurance
- Private Health Care
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Retail discounts as part of UK200 Group
- Social Activities/Charitable Events
- A relaxed and professional environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.