Finance Business Partner
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Abacus Consulting are delighted to be working in partnership with Honda R&D Europe (UK) Ltd, Motorsports Division in Milton Keynes (HRD-MK) to recruit a Finance Business Partner.
HRD-MK is Honda Racing's European F1 operations centre and is responsible for the development, build and supply of the energy storage system (ESS) – the base for European trackside operations, and the provision of dyno activity as part of performance and reliability. Honda’s F1 power units power Scuderia Toro Rosso, and from the 2019 season, Aston Martin Red Bull Racing. This is an exciting time to build a career within such a recognised brand.
This is a new role and a fantastic opportunity to work with the finance team and partner with all areas of the HRD-MK business in controlling, planning and providing transparency of operating cost, investment, headcount; together with taking responsibility for building budgets and forecasts. Understanding the F1 power unit engineering development and operations programmes will be essential in this role to help effectively support the business meet its financial targets without compromising its overall objective of winning the World Championships.
- You will be required to work closely with stakeholders in Engineering & Programme Management, as well as department managers in Operations; HR; Facilities, and IT.
- As you will be working with multiple departments and stakeholders across the business, it is essential you have effective and influential communication skills.
- You will be required to regularly report on actual and forecast spend for development and racing programmes in a timely and accurate manner.
- You will identify and understand activity within the cost centres by working closely with cost centre managers. You will also look at the development and implementation of processes and policies, whilst achieving budgetary targets.
- You will lead the annual budget process, including presenting to the Management Team and stakeholders.
- Reporting to the Finance Manager, with a dotted line to the Senior Manager for Business Administration you will provide regular, robust support including ad-hoc projects and requests.
- To be successful in this position you must be an individual who is energetic, flexible, and self-sufficient, who is resilient in a challenging but exciting environment.
- The successful candidate will need to adopt a collaborative working style, with a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- As this is a high profile brand you must have the drive and passion to invest yourself fully in the business to deliver to the required outputs.
You will be a CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified Senior Finance Professional with experience in a fast paced engineering or manufacturing environment – ideally within motorsport/automotive industries. If you are from an alternative industry you must evidence in your application why you are a fit for this role and environment. Strong financial analysis and business partnering skills are essential for this role, as well as good working knowledge of ERP systems. You will need to be able to comfortably navigate and utilise Excel and Powerpoint to present complex financial matters to senior non-financial stakeholders.
If this Finance Business Partner role sounds right for you, please apply now.
All direct 3rd party and agency submissions will be forwarded to our retained Consultant Jake Brown at Abacus Consulting, who can be reached on 01908 547888 for further information