Accountant - Real Estate Fund Services (3-6 Month Contract)
Our Client: Is an ever-expanding international financial services company. It offers services for Real Estate Fund Managers and Private Equity. It has hundreds of funds across over 30 countries, with excellent career development opportunities. Owing to their continued progression within the market and quick expansion, they are looking to hire a CS and Project Accountant for 3 - 6 months to support the existing team.
The Role will include:
- Undertaking Day to day responsibility for the management of designated Private Equity or Real Estate Clients.
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Working alongside the Technical & Training Team to ensure financial statements meet the Funds' reporting obligations, such as UK GAAP and IFRS
- Reviewing drawdown calculations and ensuring figures are reported accurately.
- Reviewing distribution calculations to ensure transactions are recorded correctly.
- Ensuring cash flow is communicated efficiently between the Fund and its Investors through the issuance of relevant notices to investors.
- Overseeing the preparation and completion process of Client deliverables.
- Ensuring effective and open lines of communication are maintained with the CFO or Financial controller through weekly calls.
- Training and developing junior team members.
- Leading staff appraisals by providing useful feedback as well as setting and supporting future objectives.
- Ensuring the movement of funds is treated in line with the appropriate accounting framework.
- Contributing ideas to improve processes, enhance efficiency and reduce risk.
The Person: Should be qualified with a degree in Mathematics/Accountancy/Business or be strong in numeracy and also be ACCA or ACA qualified. Candidates with specific real estate fund administration / services experience will also be considered. You must have at least 3 years' experience preparing and reviewing financial statements from source books and records. You will have experience managing Client Relationships and handling issues with Clients, as well as managing junior staff through training, feedback and contributing to the appraisal process. Lastly, you should be well-organised with the ability to effectively prioritise, as well as exceptional interpersonal skills. It is imperative that you possess a 'can do' attitude, with the capacity to work within a team as well as individually. Ideally, you will have substantial experience reviewing financial statements and working paper files, including disclosure - however, this is not a pre-requisite.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook