FINANCE / ACCOUNTS MANAGER
We are delighted to be able to support our Client, a £3m turnover Import business with their search for an Accounts Manager, following retirement of the current Accounts Manager in October 2019. My Client is based close to Manchester City Centre.
My client is looking for someone who can take the Accounts department to the next level to accommodate the Company's growth. This includes implementing a range of finance systems, implementation of budgets, KPI's & long term P & L forecasts for 12 months.
- Solid Educational foundation in Accounts i AAT Qualification, Institute of Certified Bookkeepers or Accountancy & Finance Degree. You could also be studying towards CIMA or ACCA.
- Solid grounding / foundation in Bookkeeping
- A* - C in GCSE Maths
- Several years experience working in a Finance / Accounting role
- Fully competent in producing detailed P & L's, being confident enough to roll these out into forecasts and being able to report figures to the Managing Director
- Good experience in VAT returns, Payroll, Account reconciliation & Budget Management
- Good all-rounder who is presentable and personable
- Hands-on individual who can roll their sleeves up & get stuck in
- Import background & multi currency experience would be ideal but not essential
- Willingness to change & adapt
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a pleasant, close-knit, ever changing working environment. You will also learn a lot, gain considerable job satisfaction and help facilitate this business to grow. In addition, you will potentially benefit from a very long handover period.
Duties will include:
- Working very closely with the Managing Director
- Weekly & monthly meetings to ensure financial figures are on track
- VAT Returns
- Account Reconciliation
- Budget Management
- Production of Cash Flow information
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Managing Accounts for a Property business
- Some Office Management duties such as taking charge of Health & Safety, instructing Cleaners to clean the showroom & collating Safety Certificates
- Making efficiency savings
- Re-negotiating contracts
This role is paying a salary of up to £25,000 + Discretionary Christmas Bonus + 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays. There is the opportunity for a salary increase subject to successful performance of required duties. After 3 years service, you get an extra day for each year worked up to a maximum of 30. Hours of work are 37 per week, Monday to Friday and you have the flexibility to start & finish anytime between 8:00am & 6:00pm.
My Client would like to take their time to get the right person but can also start someone immediately. It will be a 2 stage interview process. 1st interview will be a chat around your experience & aspirations. 2nd interview will be a more detailed project task. If you're interested, please send me your CV ASAP.