Based in St Albans, Hertfordshire, our reputable, growing and forward-thinking client who is one of the UK's leaders in their field is looking for an ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant to join them on a permanent basis as a Management Accountant, taking ownership of a complete business unit within a larger group.
You will be responsible for preparing Management Accounts and assisting with various other management accounting roles around the commercial and wholesale businesses. Additionally, there will be exposure to various month end accounting tasks and activities as well as assisting in the process of building control through a rapidly growing business and identifying efficiencies throughout the department.
The successful individual will have a professional accounting qualification with a good understanding of month end reporting. You will have effective communication skills; verbal, electronic and written with excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and to work to deadlines. It is important you have a flexible approach to achieving team priorities.
Duties will include:
- Prepare management accounts and be the key point of contact for the commercial team
- Manage key balance sheet accounts and be responsible for all financial accounting entries and operational queries relating to those areas
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Managing maintenance of effective electronic and hardcopy filing systems
- Support development of best practice
- Updating policies and procedures in line with legislation
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required (for accounts and other departments)
For more information about this role or any other Management Accountant jobs in St. Albans, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability