As a result of our continuing growth a new role of Financial Controller has been created reporting directly to the Group Finance Director. This is an exciting opportunity to help reshape our financial processes and to bring the department in line with best practice.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join our talented team in the digital technology sector. We have a fun and vibrant office in central Manchester. Our company culture is to mentor employees to advance their careers, to promote from within and offer excellent career development opportunities.
About the Financial Controller Role
- People management of a small team of finance employees
- Responsibility for accounting and audit of several legal entities
- Develop and manage key controls
- Help implement a new accounting system (NetSuite)
- Control all financial transactions to ensure accurate monthly accounts are prepared
- Oversee Purchase-to-Pay and Order-to-Cash cycles including supplier payments and credit control supervision
- Oversee all balance sheet entries including control of accruals and prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliations and investigation of queries
- Oversee outsourced payroll service
- Assist FD with preparation of annual budget and periodic mid-year forecast updates
Requirements for the role
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Proven, hands-on experience of management reporting in a complex group using an accounting / ERP system
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of accountants
- Excellent communication skills: able to communicate at both a technical and a non-technical level
- Finance system implementation experience would be an advantage
- NetSuite experience would be an advantage
UniqueX delivers innovative, autonomous software solutions and content services to cinemas worldwide. What we offer is unique as we draw all elements of cinema operations and content services together into a single, automated workflow. We have a truly global reach. Our products are used in 65 different countries around the world making us the leading digital cinema solution provider with customers including the major Hollywood and independent film studios and the largest cinema operators in the world. If you’ve ever been to the cinema the chances are Unique helped put that movie on screen.
We love what we do!
We are a growing team of 80 people spread across multiple global locations including Manchester, Bergen, Vilnius and Dublin. Recently we doubled the size of our client portfolio, including significant growth in the US, the biggest cinema market in the world.
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Others including: Cycle to work, Fresh Fruit, Quality Coffee and regular out-of-office events