Senior Financial Accountant
Senior Financial Accountant
Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, our global leading and innovative life-changing medical client is looking for an ambitious and progressive Accountant to join the business on a 12-18-month Fixed Term Contract with the option to extend.
The successful individual will be an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant with experience in financial reporting or management accounting. You will have experience in managing people/processes with the ability to build good working relationships across the organisation. You will be a team player with initiative and good decision-making skills.
Working in an evolving and innovative company, the ideal candidate will be qualified with strong post-qualification experience in a multinational environment and be willing to learn and adapt as internal and external factors require. Good communication skills are essential as is the ability to prioritise and run a range of operational and technical processes, as the role will entail management of both the local Finance Accountant and input from a shared services centre.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting in accordance with both local regulations (legal entity reporting) and US GAAP requirements
- Ensure that bookkeeping is in accordance with local regulations and corporate policies and procedures
- Coordinate financial and accounting processes to ensure compliance with corporate and local policies, statutory requirements and accounting principles
- Oversee the month end close process to ensure timely and accurate close
- Prepare draft of statutory accounts in line with FRS102 (New UK GAAP) and statutory reporting pack in line with US GAAP
- Prepare annual tax reporting pack and work with PWC on the corporation tax returns, regularly update corporate tax system
- Direct responsibility for a Financial Accountant who supports payroll, sponsorship payments' tracking and compliance and corporate credit cards reconciliation
- Responsible for employee share payment and benefit-in-kind reporting
- Responsible for the fixed assets balance sheet accounts and accounting for capital equipment
- Calculation and payment of VAT, maintaining all records for VAT reporting and ensure VAT compliance
- Work with teams on continuous improvement processes (accounts payable, T&E, banking, intercompany reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations and month end closing)
- Support Controllers with all internal and independent audits and audit-related accounting matters as required
- Manage accounting aspects related to acquisitions
- Participate and supervise local and European/Corporate projects
For more information about this role or any other Senior Financial Accountant jobs in Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability