A respected and successful FMCG brand are looking for an Accountant to join the finance team at their Peterborough head office for a full-time, 12-month contract. Due to the size and ongoing development of the business, there is a high chance for a longer-term opportunity.
Responsibilities of your new role
Reporting directly into the Head of Finance, you will manage and drive improvements to the control, risk and reporting environment, along with analytical reviews to drive and challenge business decisions. Your primary duties as Accountant will include:
- Accurate and timely period/forecast/budget reporting
- Delivering accurate and timely Board packs, ensuring the content evolves in line with the requirements of the end user
- Foreign currency exposure reporting on a period basis
- Managing Capital reporting through the S&OP process
- Assisting overhead cost reporting, challenging spend and driving the correct behaviours across the business
- Management and submission of annual controls reporting, liaising with several functions to drive a rigorous control environment
- Leading the period balance sheet reconciliation process
- Acting as the key contact for internal and external audit
- Driving the correct P2P behaviours in the business, realising internal KPI targets
- Assisting in managing the business system profiles and system change requests, ensuring the relevant controls are in place
- Continuous improvement of reporting processes focusing on timeliness, accuracy and quality of outputs
The business seeks an Accountant who demonstrates:
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA qualified (ambitious part-qualified candidates will be considered)
- Excellent technical skill and commercial acumen
- Experience in a similar reporting and controls accounting role
Salary and benefits
The successful Accountant will be offered £40,000 - £45,000 pro rata, dependent on experience. Although this is a contract role, you will be treated like a permanent employee with the freedom to develop processes and take on additional responsibility. Some opportunities for flexible working are available.
Please apply today to be considered immediately for this interim Accountant opportunity in Peterborough.