Finance Business Performance Manager
We are recruiting an Interim Business Performance Manager for a global manufacturing business based in Peterborough. This role is initially for a 6 month period and will be supporting the MD and FD of a large division within the organisation.
The Interim Business performance Manager priorities will be:
- To ensure the MD and FD's knowledge of business performance and business issues is appropriate, current and accurate.
- To maintain an understanding of a set of the businesses, key people, markets and operations. To develop insight into business performance issues, and opportunities. To condense, summarise and prioritise information.
- To bring high quality finance reports, insight and recommendations to support business decision making and performance management.
- To develop and continually raise the bar in terms of the quality of financial analysis provided. Furthermore to seek to improve efficiency and control over the services provided including identifying and implementing opportunities to automate / systemise.
The Interim Business Performance Manager will need:
- To have depth and breadth of understanding of what is happening within and around the business, including insight into underlying performance
- To generate and present insightful, concise and accurate information regarding the actual and predicted performance of the business to senior management
- Provision of reporting, planning & analysis to the Global Finance Director, working closely with other finance contacts (global, regional and local) and non-finance.
- Performance management for Global business including:
- Reporting, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and 5 Year Plans.
- Supporting analysis, commentary and presentations.
- Enabling tools including sales reports and opportunity trackers.
- Monitoring progress versus incentive targets.
- Strategic analysis support including sales volumes and prices by competitor / market / product.
- To provide frequent and timely ad hoc updates to various key projects
- To prepare information on business plans and performance for presentation to the CEO/CFO- each period, quarterly, half and full-year (business presentation)
- To monitor, understand and challenge plans and initiatives through Business Project Management trackers;
- To prepare, review, challenge, and facilitate the pricing request process prior to final authorisation by the FD or MD.
- Performance management for the division and for Global End Use Market teams including.
- Business case evaluation for projects (eg new products).
- Evaluate data and translate into commercially useful information
- Interpersonal/Influencing techniques that allow the role to be fulfilled without interfering with line management or culture
To apply for this role you will need to be a fully ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with:
- Experience in business performance management including reporting and forecasting.
- Track record of providing analysis and insight to support business decision making.
- Experience in workings with remote team / stakeholders
- Experience working in a flexible networked organisation structure.