Karro Food Group are a major UK food business, employing c. 3,000 people across 7 sites UK-wide, and generating over £600m+ of turnover every year. Karro is a leading producer of bacon, gammon, fresh pork, frozen sausage, ham and cooked meats – we manage the entire production process “from field to fork”. We supply our high quality meat products to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers around the world. Core to our beliefs as a business is continuous innovation; adapting our products and services to ensure we are an industry leading, forward thinking and flexible business. We are now seeking a Finance Manager.
Situated at our secondary processing site in Scunthorpe this role reports to the financial controller and has a team of 3 direct reports. The overall objectives of this role are to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance department, ensuring timely and accurate accounts information. Monitoring, measuring and reporting through strategic KPI information on organizational development within agreed formats and timescales.
Key responsibilities of the Finance Manager:
- Supervise and manage a small finance team (3 people)
- Responsibility for day to day financial and management reporting
- Preparation of the weekly accounts
- Preparation of weekly bridge and call pack
- Month end balance sheet and reconciliation and file
- Prepare monthly end journals and weekly forecast
- Prepare CAPEX authorisation forms and carry out post implementation reviews
- Work with and through senior managers to establish and implement strategy for their relevant business areas through timely production of KPI’s and development of the business control functionality
- Proactively review and improve processes
- Supervise and guide all special exercises and investigations from a costing and financial aspects
- Cover for financial controller
- Undertake any other tasks as directed by the site financial controller
Essential experience of the Finance Manager:
- Qualified accountant, with experience in financial and management accounting
- Previous experience within the FMCG manufacturing industry
- Previous man management experience
- Understanding of retailer products and product costings
- Experience of successfully managing tasks/projects to completion
- Determined and resilient
- Take responsibility to see tasks through to successful conclusion
- Reliable, conscientious, self-motivated and professional
- Effective planning, organisation and communication skills - written, verbal and non-verbal
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to influence solutions
- Promotes a continuous improvement approach by continually challenging and driving standards forward
- Willingness to learn, adopt a continuous lifelong learning approach
- Excellent team working skills
- Contributory Pension
- Company Health Scheme
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
If this Finance Manager role is for you, please be sure to apply.