£37,740 per annum + benefits
Golden Lane Housing works with people with a learning disability to provide supported housing around which they can build their lives. We were established as an independent registered charity by Mencap in 1998 to help tackle the immense challenges that people with a learning disability face in finding a home.
Would you like to work for an organisation that was listed as number 12 in the Sunday Times top 100 best not-for-profit organisations to work for in 2019??
We have a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking and diligent individual to join our finance team in Manchester and become part of our Golden Lane Housing (GLH) family. This Accountant role will suit someone who is CIMA/ACCA qualified with a confident and calm approach to working in a busy environment.
As our Accountant, you will build extensive understanding of the GLH regions, business lines and their operating context. You will be able to use your market knowledge and data to identify anomalies in financial reports as well as potential changes in trends. You will work closely and in partnership with the Financial Controller to maximise the use of resources as well as supporting the regions to grow and develop. Additionally, you will be directly responsible for the accurate and timely production of GLH Management Accounts and Statutory Accounts for Income and Expenditure and Balance Sheet with Registered Housing Provider regulations and Charity Accounting requirements.
You will have strong financial accounting skills and will be open minded, innovative and creative. You will be keen to seek new working methods when required. You will have project management skills in addition to sound decision making abilities. The use of excel spreadsheets and finance systems are key to this role, so you will naturally be a confident user of these tools. You will be a key part in the development of the organisation, business growth, ongoing contract review and developing the current Finance Analyst.
To be successful in the role, you will be a self-motivated individual, with excellent interpersonal skills and a keen eye for detail. You will be able to accurately report on and manage complex data. You will also need good systems experience and an ability to implement change in a complex organisation. Ideally you will have experience/knowledge within a similar organisation such as a registered social housing provider.
This role will be based in our Manchester office at Parkway Business Centre on a Monday – Friday basis. There may be travel involved occasionally.
We are passionate about what we do and are looking for like-minded individuals. If you are looking for a role that will offer you a career and will prove to be rewarding, then we want to hear from you!
ID - 16216
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 24 days’ holiday (exclusive of Bank holidays) increasing to 27 days’ with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service life cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract