Head of Finance
The SF Group is currently working on an exclusive basis with an industry leading SME in Derbyshire. This sub £25m turnover business has gone through a number of positive changes in recent years, and is looking to hire a Head of Finance to join them reporting directly into the Managing Director
As the Head of Finance, the role itself will encompass a broad range of duties, and will see you have full accountability for finance across the business. Due to the size of the organisation you should be prepared to have a broad role and have involvement in areas other than finance. The MD sees this role as his chief commercial advisor and is therefore looking for someone who truly has the appetite to immerse themselves into his business.
Day-to-day responsibilities in the role will include:
- All financial and statutory reporting
- Preparation of all management accounts, including analysis
- Financial forecasting, planning and budgeting
- Working capital management, including cash-flow forecasting
- Management and control of all property and leased assets
- Raising finance for expansion of the business
- Financial Analysis, including bids, tenders and contract renewals
- Maintaining and building relationships with banking institutions and key insurers.
- Hiring, training and development of the finance team. ( Currently a team of 7)
The ideal person for this role will be a proven manager of people with the desire to join an ambitious SME. This role will suit someone at the forefront of their career who isn't afraid of putting in some hard-work. You will also appreciate the challenges and rewards that come with being a key member of the senior management team in an SME.
Some of the key requirements you will meet are:
- Fully-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Extensive recent experience of cash-management in a business
- Experience of having responsibility and accountability for a finance team
- High level of systems and internal controls experience
- Strategically minded with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders up to board level.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with:
- A competitive base salary
- Substantial bonus potential, based on company and personal performance
- Company car allowance
- Pension Contribution
- Other Flexible Benefits
If this role sounds like something that interest you then please apply now for immediate consideration.