Group Financial Controller
Our client is a growing multinational business services Group with a full listing on the London Stock Exchange.
As part of the evolution of the Group’s central finance function, the business is looking to recruit a Group Financial Controller, responsible for managing the Group Finance function including consolidation and external reporting, Tax & Treasury, Accounts Payable/Banking functions and liaising closely with counterparts in different business units/countries.
The successful candidate will be seeking a career opportunity in a large and dynamic global PLC. The role holder will be a fully qualified accountant with previous experience in a PLC environment of managing finance teams, preparing and reporting Group consolidated accounts, and ensuring robust controls and effective transactional processes.
Reporting to the CFO, key responsibilities include the following:-
- Preparation of all external statements (RNS, Investor presentations, Annual Report etc);
- Dealing with ad hoc investor and analyst queries;
- Manage the audit process and day-to-day relationship with the external auditors;
- Preparation of Board reports and commentaries, Audit Committee papers and presentations at Audit Committee;
- Ensure proactive business partner relationship with cost centre holders to enable them to understand and forecast their areas;
- Ensure Group-wide adherence to key controls and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Management of Tax and Treasury;
- Budgeting and Forecasting for corporate cost centres, capex and working capital balances;
- Management, development and motivation of the Group Finance team.
- ACA or ACCA qualified accountant with prior experience in a global PLC environment;
- Strong accounting and tax technical knowledge together with a track record of delivering ongoing improvement of systems, processes and controls;
- Proactive, analytical individual who works to high personal standards;
- An adept leader of people with strong communication skills and gravitas.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading edge business at a time of change and growth and to work closely with an experienced “heavyweight” PLC CFO