I am currently working with an extremely entrepreneurial business in the sports tech/gaming sector based in Central London. Having undergone substantial growth in recent years the business is seeking a commercially minded, technically astute accountant to join them on a permanent basis to assist the group financial controller in developing internal processes and commercialising the finance team further.
In your role you will be responsible for providing critical MI to a broad variety of stakeholders. In this role your voice will be heard, suggestions will be implemented and entrepreneurialism will be rewarded.
Based in stunning modern offices, their working environment provides a platform for creativity and a collaborative approach. You will manage a progressive assistant accountant who wants to nibble at your heels and you will be expected to do the same with your boss!
Further responsibilities include:
- Business partnering with marketing, product and customer support teams.
- Production of monthly management accounts and oversee preparation of other entities within the Group
- Reviewing and approving the daily reporting prepared by your direct report
- Responsibility for client money reconciliations
- Analysing and supporting the monthly Group reporting requirements.
- Manage non-financial stakeholder relationships where you will challenge and advise as necessary
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Support various finance projects including working with the wider business for implementation – including systems
- Annual corporation tax computations
- Supporting the annual budgeting process
What we’re looking for:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified with post-qualified experience
- An entrepreneurial approach with the ability to influence and share new ideas
- Excellent communication skills to both financial/non-financial staff
- An analytical mind with the ability to manage large sets of data and excel models
- Systems savvy
- Sage 200 experience preferential
- Excellent attention to detail and strong excel skills (pivot tables, filtering, ‘lookup’ and ‘if’ formulae should be second nature to the candidate)
- SME approach – you will be hands-on and able to deal with a fast-paced environment
- Proven background in process improvements
- Experience managing and developing direct reports
- Experience reporting under IFRS/FRS102