Internal Auditor - Fund Administration
Internal Auditor - Fund Administration | London (West)
To deliver the full range of internal audit assignments of the Internal Audit function for the Group and its subsidiary companies. To ensure that the Internal Audit Function provides an independent assessment of the adequacy of the internal systems and controls, including the systems for appropriate identification and evaluation law and regulation. To draw any weaknesses or shortcomings noted to the attention of the management.
- To assist the Internal Audit Director to apply a risk-based approach to the review of the systems and controls of the Group through the development of an annual programme of audit review work.
- Along with the Internal Audit Director on a constructive basis in order to develop the most appropriate, proportionate solutions to issues arising.
- To report results of audit reviews, including management responses and proposed action plans to address issues arising to the Internal Audit Director.
- To perform follow-up work ensuring management progress actions within the agreed time scales and to escalate failure to progress actions to the Internal Audit Director as appropriate.
- To perform ad hoc investigations and reviews at the request of the Audit Committee & Risk Committee.
- As an attendee of any relevant committees to which the post holder may be appointed during the course of the year, to be familiar with the Terms of Reference and responsibilities, and to participate by attendance, reporting and challenge at meetings and accept collegiate responsibility for decisions made.
- The Internal Auditor will report to the Internal Audit Director.
Skills / experience required
- Relevant professional qualification;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial services organisation, at least 3 of which in an internal audit role;
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively, strong influencing skills and an understanding of continual improvement processes;
- Familiarity with financial services laws, regulations, and standards, strong understanding of risk management and risk management frameworks;
- The ability to use your own initiative;
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail;
- The ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team