Senior Manager / Associate Director - Fund Accounting
Senior Manager / Associate Director - Fund Accounting | London (West)
Reporting to the Head of the London Accounting team, this is a Senior Manager/Associate Director role covering financial reporting and administration obligations to support a growing team with a focus on the highest quality customer service.
- Ability to oversee the NAV quality control process primarily for the Alternative Investment funds;
- Initiating and implementing developments and improvements of the NAV process including potential system strategies and jurisdiction-wide efficiencies for clients;
- Co-ordination and oversight of the planning, co-ordination and review of Quarterly and or Monthly NAV accounting, and statutory reporting undertaken by the existing London management team to ensure the teams comply with all of its accounting and regulatory obligations;
- Working with senior management to supervise, train and develop assistant managers and below in respect of Alt. Inv. funds who would typically be studying towards professional qualifications;
- Co-ordinate with the London management team that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Oversee the wider KPI issues, trends and solutions with the teams across the portfolio and devise actions in conjunction with the London management team to resolve any ongoing issues;
- Enhancing various client relationships on behalf of the group across all responsibilities relating to the funds structures, focusing on financial reporting and NAV elements;
- Liaise with auditors in respect of the planning and coordination of audits, including utilisation of local and outsources resource;
- Preparation and implementation of fund customer specific procedures in relation to the NAV and reporting requirements for specific funds undertaken by the London team;
- Be able to provide sound, quality and technical guidance to clients;
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships and networks with both internal, cross jurisdictional and external contacts; and
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the strategic development of the client team including client meetings, new business pitches and new business proposals.
Skills / experience required
- Professional ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification;
- Extensive post qualification experience in the finance industry with some fund exposure in previous roles;
- Good working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP - exposure to Lux GAAP is an advantage;
- Extensive knowledge on the characteristics of Alt. Inv. funds;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.