Financial Controller/ Head of Finance
This is one of the most exciting opportunities to arrive in the South West of England and is a truly fantastic role!
My client is a new telecoms provider with significant institutional funding based in the South West of England close to Exeter. It expects to grow to approximately 50 staff within the first 12 months and 200 within the first two years. Within the finance function, it intends to outsource transactional accounting and compliance to the extent possible. It anticipates implementing two accounting systems during the first year: a simple stand-alone system based on Xero, that is expected to support the business for about 6 months and then Microsoft Dynamics 365 Enterprise (or an equivalent system) which will be fully integrated into the OSS/BSS stack.
The FC will be expected to play a full roll in all aspects of the Company’s development and must have experience of working in a fast paced, environment.
- Responsible for reporting, statutory compliance budgeting, forecasting in according with company policy
- Manging the relations with outsourced accounting bureaus, auditors and similar
- Ensuring that the Company’s accounting records are maintained in a timely and transparent matter ensuring that all assets and liabilities are correctly recorded and that any losses are promptly reported to the CEO/CFO
- Ensuring the Company’s control environment is appropriate to a company of its nature and size
- Senior financial person in Company in Phase 1 reporting to CEO; in Phase 2 Company reserves option of appointing CEO
- Responsible for treasury management
- Responsible for managing all finance function staff
- Responsible for implementing the company’s policy of a “digital company” in the finance function
- Acting as “client” for all IT systems work relating to the finance function to ensure any systems procured meet the financial requirements of the Company
- Acting as financial partner to operations in discussions with suppliers
- Responsible for the Company’s banking relations
- Any other reasonable requests
- Manager level experience in a large accounting firm
- Minimum of 3 years of telecoms experience preferably involving the roll out of FTTx systems
- UK Chartered Accountant (ICAEW)
- Either a 2:1 or First Time Passes from the ICAEW
- Minimum of 6 years of PQE
- Ability to work in the UK without. a work visa
The company might support an element of relocation expenses for an suitably experienced candidate who might wish to move to the area and enjoy the undoubtably attractive environment!
A basic salary starting at £90k plus 30% bonus and highly attractive LTIP is on offer, along with the opportunity of progressing to CFO in due course.