Head of Accounts Payable - 12 months FTC
Head of Accounts Payable (Shared Service Centre)
Based: Manchester centre
Salary: circa £40k + car allowance + company/personal bonus + excellent benefits
12 month FTC - maternity cover
We are currently recruiting for a Head of AP to join one of our Key Clients on a 12 month contract basis in Manchester City Centre.
The business turn over billions, have a portfolio of globally recognised brands and are always continuing to develop and improve internal processes as the company continues to grow. Having placed numerous people in the business over the last few years, they are an advocate for career opportunities and progression/development for the future within their large finance team and personal development plans in place for each staff member.
Reporting to the Head of Shared Services, you will be working alongside and driving a large, dynamic, hardworking team in a relaxed environment, supporting and driving a team of AP Clerks and managing the full P2P process for the business
- Managing a team of circa 15 - leading, engaging and supporting them daily. Ensuring high standard of customer vendor/stakeholder relationships
- Leading team monthly 1-1s and co-ordinating/assigning work to deliver team KPIs - maximising effectiveness and contributing to wider business targets
- Direct team discussions, ongoing constructive discussions to ensure team engagement
- Creating and setting achievable goals individually.
- Hitting and supporting achievement of KPIs on match rate, prompt payments, overdue invoices, team productivity/cost etc.
- Creditors ledger management - overseeing production of monthly balance sheet data
- Reviewing month end balance sheet reconciliations, identifying risk and opportunity
- Presenting P2P findings/data and monthly balance sheet review meetings
- Supporting and developing procurement relationships, stakeholder management (with regards to PO/query management)
- Support AP & Payments team to achieve set goals, streamlining processes, driving efficiencies and improving procedures
- Audit - engaging with internal and external staff in regards to business audits
- Actively working with Senior Leadership team within shared service centre to drive business vision and internal programmes
- Previous P2P and people management experience is ESSENTIAL
- Experience working with indirect and direct suppliers is ESSENTIAL
- SAP & good excel experience - IDEAL
- Experience from a Shared Service FMCG background is HIGHLY DESIRABLE
Please send your CV for immediate consideration