Credit Controller in York required for a fast paced, well established business who have strong company values & excellent staff benefits. Salary up to £25,000 plus 38 days holiday including stats
To ensure the efficient collection, control and administration of monies owed to the Company. You will be assigned your own portfolio of retailers and clients. As part of a small team flexibility, tenacity together with excellent communication, organisation and time management skills will be essential. The success of the Credit function is business critical and as such this role will be instrumental in driving forwards the efficiencies and effectiveness of the team.
- Ensure all collection calls, letters and follow up actions are carried out to meet agreed SLA
- Review and make appropriate recommendations on new customer applications
- As necessary arrange for the distribution of standard letters and computerised statements in order to bring the matter to the customer's attention
- The preparation of reports on debt management and credit control as required
- Prioritise and manage workload to meet key performance indicators
- Agree, negotiate and enforce re-payment plans
- Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Liaise direct with 3rd party collection agencies
- Providing accounts information to internal departments including weekly reports and KPI's
- At least 3 years prior relevant experience working in a credit control role and ideally in a sales driven environment
- Ability to establish and maintain internal and external customer relationships at all levels.
- Calm and professional manner
- Ability to influence & negotiate
- Team player with proactive positive attitude
- A systematic approach and an eye for detail
- Ability to make judgements on need for consultation and escalation
- Competent with Microsoft Office products especially Excel.
- Experience of using finance systems.
- Salary up to £25,000
- 38 days holiday including stats
- Free on-site parking
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.Please note: Due to the high volume of applications Brewster Partners receive we are unable to give all applicants individual feedback on each job application. If you have not heard from one of our consultants within 2 weeks of your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful.