Forbes Hunt are currently working with a world leading Hertfordshire based Pharmaceutical business to add an Assistant Financial Accountant to their growing Finance Team. Our client is committed to delivering solutions that have a positive and meaningful impact on the lives of the patients their products treat and are constantly seeking new opportunities to expand their current treatment offerings. As a young and ambitious business, they have experienced huge growth over the last 4 years and are forecasting similar growth moving forward meaning the finance function is expanding - this is an exciting opportunity in a challenging new role.
Job Specification/Core Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager you will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Assist in bank reconciliations to meet month-end deadlines.
• Support monthly close process and ensure timely completion.
• Maintain Ledger Accounts and assist with the preparation of VAT returns.
• Assist in ad hoc reporting and variance analysis.
• Ensure the general journals log is kept up to date and signed off
• Assist in the prep and reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts including intercompany, fixed assets, prepayments, payroll, and accruals.
• Part Qualified Accountant – ACCA/ACA/CIMA.
• Minimum intermediate level MS Excel skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment working to strict deadlines.
• Ideally have experience working for a multinational company with a complex ERP system.
• On-site parking
• Private Health Insurance
• 25 days annual leave + Public Holidays
• Competitive bonus scheme
• Excellent starting salary
• Experienced and professional management team
• Study support available