Financial Controller - This well-established and high profile growing £8m branded business in London's West End operating a range of creative services, together with retail and wholesale of niche products from a number of locations and business units, has an exciting newly created opportunity for an experienced Accountant as Financial Controller, to bring the finance function fully in-house and work as a number one in Finance
Reporting directly to the MD/CEO, the position will involve:
- Overseeing two Accounts Assistants
- Producing monthly management accounts, within specific timetable.
- Producing management information and analysis for decision making
- Producing and manage annual budgets effectively
- Producing cash flow forecasts and managing working capital
- Preparing financial reports for directors meetings.
- Ensuring month end reports are complete for all departments and trading companies
- Preparing accruals and prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and submission for each company
- Monitoring cash flow and report to the director on a weekly basis.
- Carrying out ad-hoc projects as specified by the CEO.
The position will suit an experienced hands on Accountant, Finance Manager or Financial Controller (Qualified or QBE) from a similar small to medium size business. Strong IT and communication skills are essential, as is a proven experience of overseeing a small finance function. A retail or stock based background would be useful but is not essential.