Property Management Accountant - Real Estate
Property Management Accountant - Real Estate. Our Client, the property management arm of one of UK's service provider who is expanding significantly is currently seeking an experienced Property Accountant.
The Role: Reporting to the Group Accountant, you will be responsible to fulfil the following duties:
- Preparing property management accounts for a predominantly commercial property portfolio and ensuring full review of the trial balance.
- Producing financial statements on a quarterly basis.
- Ensuring the balance sheet is reconciled every month.
- Ensuring all journals are signed and reviewed prior to entering the system to confirm correct nominal accounting.
- Reviewing and approving payroll journals if relevant, and ensuring it is reconciled monthly to payroll system.
- Providing month-end packs and business forecasting.
- Ensuring timely production of annual budgets for the entities.
- Preparing monthly cash forecast.
- Managing, training and mentoring assistant management accountant as applicable.
- Ensuring that the property management system has most up to date record of tenancies and terms.
- Ensuring that the service charge is billed in a timely manner and service charge account, recoverable and non-recoverable accounts are fully reconciled and explained.
- Ensuring the debt is collected; aged debt is monitored and explained.
- Escalating issues with collection.
- Ensuring that all rental income is posted timely and bills sent to tenants.
- Ensuring monthly management pack is prepared and variances explained for property division.
The Person MUST have approximately five years property accounting / management accounting experience, ideally gained from a commercial property background. It will be advantageous if you are CIMA or ACCA qualified. You must be a self-starter with the ability to manage and train staff. You must have experience of a property management system such as TRAMPS, QUBE, APB, or MRI. You will have good, solid service charge accounting, budgeting experience and experience from service providers such as serviced offices or hotels would be highly beneficial.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook