Fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Newly Qualified Financial Accountant working within a global motorsports business that holds the exclusive commercial rights to one of the biggest motorsport championships in the world. The business is responsible for the commercial exploitation and development of the Championship as well as various aspects of its management and administration.
Financial Accountant - About the Role
This provides a unique opportunity for a bright, newly qualified ACA to gain significant exposure to a dynamic finance environment in an iconic global sports entertainment business revolving around the world’s most widely watched annual global sporting competition.
As the Financial Accountant you will:
The incumbent will work within a team where their responsibilities will include the following:
- Assistance with structured group month-end close.
- To act as primary support for the accounting function of certain subsidiaries.
- Monthly consolidation of group companies.
- Involvement in the budget and forecast processes for certain subsidiaries/functions.
- Preparation of client assistant package for auditors.
- Liaison with auditors.
- Ad hoc projects.
The successful Financial Accountant will have:
- The candidate should be ACA qualified.
- Ideally completed training at a Big 4 firm.
- The stronger the academic history demonstrated the better the chance the candidate will have of being selected for the role.
- Up to 2 years PQE
- Exposure to multi-currency consolidations and large group structures.
- Strong Excel skills are a prerequisite.
- Good IFRS knowledge is required.
- US GAAP knowledge/exposure would be beneficial.
- A meticulous worker who displays due attention to detail.
- A dedicated team player who is prepared to work longer hours during certain key points of the year when deadlines need to be met.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Someone who is able to apply a structured approach towards balancing multiple demands and priorities.
Financial Accountant - Benefits
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Impressive work place
- Annual Bonus
- Private Health Care
- Income protection benefit
- Event tickets
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)