NRG is partnering with an established, prestigious business in County Durham. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Finance, you will be responsible for implementing effective financial procedures to allow the business to develop and thrive, whilst supporting efficient and effective financial reporting.
The Finance Department is playing a major part in the upgrade of the Payroll, Pensions and Expenses software. This new 12 month FTC role has been created to support the implementation whilst focusing on the following:
- Manage quality, financial and regulatory audit whilst identifying areas where compliance with those processes can be improved.
- Identify risks and practices that could impact on the financial strategy and suggest appropriate mitigation.
- Assist with the implimenation of new best practices relating to finance and accounting policies.
- Promote the improvement and efficiency of departmental services and procedures by implementing, managing, reviewing, scrutinising and challenging financial information and assumptions.
- Responsible for allocating and monitoring financial budgets and resources.
- Work with team members and stakeholders to build and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Contribute to operational leadership teams and decision making to shape the nature and level of support services.
- Provide professional guidance to stakeholders regarding welfare, employment and well-being.
- Lead and deliver professional development and support initiatives that would apply across the business
- Produce communications for promotion and reporting purposes, designing and structuring information and fact, applying creative and innovative principles to influence and engage.
- Deliver professional expertise with investigative and service methodologies, make recommendations and identify priorities to develop business plans and achieve business outcomes and objectives.
- Represent the service and business at promotional events and contribute to the delivery of presentations at conferences.
- Any other reasonable duties
This is a role for a tenacious and independent individual who is committed to improving business performance through improved financial control and accurate and timely analysis and who is not afraid to challenge assumptions when required to.
You will be a Qualified Accountant with a demonstrated history of working within senior financial roles. You will be presentable, personable with fantastic communication skills, both written and verbally.