Head of Property Accounts
Head of Property Accounts. Our Client are an established firm of Chartered Surveyors who have been operating mainly in the South East region for over a century. They offer various services to clients who own commercial and residential properties. They are now looking for an experienced Head of Property Accounts to run and manage the client / service charge accounting function. The successful person will be running a commercial property portfolio and oversee a small team of client accountants.
The role will require the person to fulfil the following duties:
- Accounting to clients either monthly or quarterly as required.
- Attending client and tenant meetings as required.
- Preparing draft annual budgets and agree them with the properties managers.
- Preparing final budgets upon agreement with the property managers.
- Working with auditors at year-end.
- Setting up new clients/properties/tenants on the property system.
- Responsible for the handover of new instructions.
- Preparing and submitting, whether to client or HMRC, of quarterly VAT reports/returns. Maintaining resister of all non-resident landlords.
- Handling the quarterly return and deduction of tax from non-registered clients and subsequent payment to HMRC.
- Managing a team of accounts assistants/client accountants.
- Providing training to new systems users.
- Analysis of department's monthly Profit and Loss figures as provided by the Group Accountant.
- Managing new business with property managers.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation.
- Monthly review of all RICS regulated bank accounts with head of department.
- Reporting monthly income forecasts to group accountant.
The Person to apply must have a proven track record of leading and managing a team within a commercial property accounting environment. They will have sound client and service charge accounting experience be a solution driven manager. Knowledge of various property legislations is key. Experience and in-depth knowledge of a property management system is needed as this role will require someone to teach and train other users. An understanding of the residential property management sector will be a value-add. This is a good role for someone who is looking to run, manage a client accounting function and make it their own.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook