Senior Finance Officer
Senior Finance Officer
This role is responsible for managing the effective daily delivery of the Financial Operations Team dealing with Sales Ledger and Credit Control, ensuring the timely and accurate processing of Sales Ledger invoices and providing a customer-focused and efficient collection service for General Needs and Care and Supported Housing non-rent receivables.
Duties will include managing two Financial Assistants who are responsible for maintaining the Sales Ledger and recovering non-rent debts owed to Hightown and also working as part of the Financial Operations team to complete tasks as requested by the Financial Operations Manager and other Senior Finance staff. Please see the attached, supporting document at the bottom of the page for an exhaustive list of duties required of our Senior Finance Officer.
Knowledge & Skills required of our Senior Finance Officer:
- Sound knowledge of financial procedures.
- Intermediate Excel and Word skills
- Understanding of audit requirements.
- Understanding of internal financial control.
- Understanding of the legal aspects of credit control & debt
- Practical knowledge and understanding of external debt recovery processes e.g. MCOL/small claims court/agencies and practical knowledge and understanding of VAT.
- AAT qualification / part qualified accountant FCA,ACCA, CIMA.
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent
- Experience Experience of working within a Housing Association/Public sector.
- Able to understand needs of both internal and external customers
- Experience of working with complex integrated Financebased ICT systems
- Ability to write clear reports.
- Ability to develop sound policies and procedures
- Experience of working in a high volume transaction environment
- Able to demonstrate experience of successful team management
- Experience of line management of team
Personal Qualities of our Senior Finance Officer:
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to timetables Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities Commitment to the aims of the Association Excellent interpersonal skills Self-motivated but able to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Car Driver
Benefits available to our Senior Finance Officer:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- On site gym
If you sound perfect for this Senior Finance Officer position, please apply below now! Candidates are reminded that the shortlisting process is based on the evidence provided on the application form of the skills demonstrated above.