5 days left
- Full Time
Reporting to: Finance & Operations Director
Location: Warehouse offices in Shoreditch, London EC2A
£Competitive Salary + Benefits
PetsPyjamas are the leaders of dog-friendly travel throughout the UK & Europe. Our expert concierge team provide a unique and personalised experience to our ever growing avid dog-loving travellers. Launched in 2012 by the founders of toptable.com, we are playing a key role in the exploding trend around pets as true family members and are focused on making the Travel Industry truly Pet Welcoming.
PetsPyjamas HQ is a converted warehouse in the heart of Old Street, housing a Vibrant Entrepreneurial team dedicated to driving the brand forward. With a growing workforce of 35+ we are at a pivotal break through moment for the business, with huge expansion and growth plans for 2019 and beyond.
We are currently on the lookout for a pro-active, well-organised and self-motivated Management Accountant to support our Head of Finance & Operations. You will have ownership of both the day to day finances as well as producing monthly management accounts to review level. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the next steps in their finance career working behind-the-scenes of a fast growing start up; you will work closely with founders and key stakeholders to produce key analytical and financial data to assist in business decisions.
This 360° role would suit a keen management accountant looking to build a career within a small but growing team with the flexibility to undertake any task big or small to support the business needs.
This Management Accountant - Role & Responsibilities:
- Processing & Managing AP/AR function
- Weekly review of Aged Debtors/Creditors reports.
- Managing supplier/ property relationships and resolving queries.
- Month end Accruals, Prepayments and adjustment journals
- Production of Month end management accounts.
- Produce Monthly Shareholder report - including analysis
- Assisting in preparation of year end accounts.
- Cash flow management & reporting
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Performing multi-currency bank reconciliations.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
Experience and Skills required for our Management Accountant:
- Qualified ACCA, CIMA or finalist studier (PT/Qualified)
- Preferable degree in Accounting or Business (or equivalent qualifications).
- Must have previous experience of working within a similar finance role.
- Computer literate with exceptional proficiency in MS Excel.
- Previous use of Xero Accounting software desirable.
- Great interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-organised with (an almost!) obsessive attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Flexibility and good time management skills.
- Confident, highly approachable and a reliable team player.
- Able to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- A pet lover and maybe even a pet owner.
What we have to offer our Management Accountant:
- A truly exciting and fast moving environment where you have an opportunity to truly make your mark - build on your previous experience as well as try new things in a supportive environment.
- Opportunities to develop and grow through our ongoing training and be coached/mentored by some of the best in the business.
- Cool work space in a trendy Shoreditch location.
- Regular and varied team socials.
- Bi-weekly mental health support.
- Staff Discount on both Accessories and Travel!
- The chance to work with an ambitious and vibrant team of like minded individuals with a hunger to succeed.
- Fresh fruit and endless coffee to keep you energised!
- A chance to bring your pet to work or indulge your love of pets!
- ‘Flexi-hour’ - a free hour each week for those precious lie ins or early finishes.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be our Management Accountant, please apply below now with a cover letter saying why you think you’d be great for this role, together with your CV.
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly