Non-executive Board Member - Audit and Risk
£350 per Day - Expected 20 days per Annum
The Department for Education and the Department of Health & Social Care are looking to appoint a non-executive director to the Board of Social Work England, with specific skills in the area of audit and risk. Social Work England will be a new specialist regulator for all social workers that has an absolute focus on protecting the health and wellbeing of those individuals who need social work support.
This will be a challenging but extremely rewarding role. Your input will contribute to the protection of the vulnerable in our society, as well as to raising standards in social work practice.
Please note this is a joint ministerial appointment by the Department for Education and the Department for Health and Social Care.
We are looking to appoint an individual to a non-executive board member role, with specific skills in the area of audit and risk.
Candidates will demonstrate:
- A commitment to the values of equality, human rights and inclusion and an ability to champion these and ensure that they underpin the work of the Board;
- A commitment to engaging service users and ensuring their voice is taken into account within decision making processes;
- An ability to set strategic direction and engage in constructive debate and challenge at all levels; and
- An ability to work collaboratively at senior/Board level to plan and facilitate decisions.
Together with expertise and ability in:
- Senior financial management and accounting, including audit and procurement expertise; and an accountancy or auditing qualification with associated professional membership (eg CIPFA, ACCA, CIMA);
- Chairing an Audit and Risk Committee
- The development and review of internal controls and risk management systems including governance at a senior level.
It is also desirable that candidates demonstrate:
- An understanding of the regulation of professionals/individuals
- Experience of organisations undergoing set-up and/or newly formed organisations.