Head of Internal Audit
Kindred is one of the world's largest online gaming businesses with 11 brands which in turn serve over 21 million customers globally. As a result of an internal move, we're looking for a head of internal audit to join the corporate function, with the role being based in Wimbledon.
You will support the Audit Committee and Board in further developing our internal audit function, currently three people, defining the scope of reviews and reporting both the results of reviews and follow-up procedures.
While the role is independent of the finance function and senior management, for operational purposes the head of internal audit will have a "dotted line" report direct to the chief financial officer.
What you will do
- Act as the primary liaison with the audit committee, in doing so, helping shape Kindred's audit plan
- Be responsible for employing sufficient resources, including managing a team of internal auditors and external consultants to execute on the audit plan
- Support the Board and Executive management group to ensure that business risks within the Kindred Group are identified, properly managed and, whenever possible, turned into opportunities.
- Perform reviews, in-depth analysis and suggest improvements for important business areas
- Ensure that Kindred is controlling risk exposures effectively through effective internal controls and maximised operational efficiency
Kindred prides itself on being a collaborative and personable environment; as such the key challenge for this role is to have the ability to build strong peer networks whilst retaining the integrity to think independently and without bias.
- Circa 8 years' relevant experience with a solid understanding of Kindred Group's operations.
- Experience of developing internal audit processes and controls as well as experience in working with risk management
- Ideally have a background in external audit within a large firm and have experience of working with similar businesses to Kindred or other online commercial companies
- Good knowledge about the IIA standards and practices and COSO Internal Control and Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Confidence to operate at Board and Senior management level throughout the business in different countries and environments
- Proven experience in building and managing effective teams
- Business-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Strong people skills and the ability to work well in groups while also taking independent responsibility for developing and improving risk management in the audit arena
- Structured mentality and ability to initiate change, drive projects and be focused on delivering value to the company
- Personal certification such as CIA, is advantageous
- Relevant university degree