Our client, a well-known and respected South West based business are looking to recruit a Statutory Accountant on a permanent basis.
The Finance team is responsible for both monthly financial reporting to senior management and statutory reporting on a semi-annual and annual basis.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) with strong reporting and communication skills.
- Statutory accounts preparation for main company and subsidiaries
- Prepare tax computations & VAT returns
- Assisting with the statutory audit process
- Assist in monthly financial reporting to Group function
- Liaison with Group Financial Controller and team
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and oversee the control of finance reconciliation
- Analysis of new accounting standards and their impact on the Company
- Analysis of balance sheet, funds flow and working capital
- Develop an understanding of the reporting systems and controls and make improvements where required
- Fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Strong analytical, reporting and communication skills
- Experience of preparing audit queries and dealing with audit requests
- A 'can do' and commercial approach to problem solving