Partner Financial are working with a Professional Services firm based in Central London, with a turnover of over £60 million and operations throughout the UK. Recent acquisitions and new ownership have left this firm in a strong position and they are now challenging for market share. This growth has resulted in 10% headcount growth yearly within the finance function. Reporting to the head of finance, this is a great opportunity for an experienced, industry-qualified Management Accountant to take ownership of this role and embed themselves within the organisation.
The newly appointed Management Accountant will play a key role in supporting the Financial Controller and Finance Business Partners. You will be delivering timely and accurate management account information to the business, primarily using analysis of business unit performance to support decision making. Implementing strong processes and controls that will improve the quality of the Operational Finance Team’s management accounts is also key.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Operational Finance team; implementing strong processes and controls to improve the quality of information that the team produces
- Preparing monthly management accounts and providing financial support for recent acquisitions
- Partner commercially with a multitude of senior stakeholders to provide relevant insight and influence transformation/change initiatives
- Producing monthly reports; including variance analysis and commentary for the finance business partners
- Being a crucial contributor to the continuous improvement agenda through the provision of analysis and metrics
- Supporting the Financial Controller with the delivery of quarterly forecasts and full year budget
The ideal candidate:
- An industry-qualified accountant
- Extensive experience working in complex matrixed organisations
- Extensive and proven management accounting experience
- Gravitas; the ability to effectively lead and manage people. Experience liaising with satellite teams is desirable.
- Proven experience driving and influencing change
- Comfortable and experienced when managing a multitude of senior stakeholders.
We will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from us within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.