£70,000 + Benefits
Cloud Imperium is looking for a Financial Controller to join us at our Wilmslow Studio. The successful applicant with work with the team developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd-funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with amazing visuals.
To help manage the continued expansion of the of the group the CFO is looking to appoint a high caliber Financial Controller to work with him in the European side of the organization.
Experience, adaptability, and a desire to overcome sometimes complex and daunting challenges will be part and parcel of your natural character and demeanor. These traits, grounded with core competencies and a drive to make a significant impact on the business you serve, will stand you in good stead in what will be a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding environment, but one that will offer excellent satisfaction and reward.This position will provide an attractive package, but it is the opportunity to be involved in this exciting company, to grow and develop with it, and to work with a highly-accomplished and proven team that should be inspiring you to find out more details.
About this Financial Controller role:
The Financial Controller must be an authoritative team leader and motivator, while also being an approachable team player. The Financial Controller will need to demonstrate exceptional financial, organizational, and time management skills. The ability to plan ahead, troubleshoot, and pay close attention to detail is vital to this role. The Financial Controller must be an excellent communicator, with tact and diplomacy skills, being able to deal confidentially with business finances in what can be a highly pressurized leadership function.
The Financial Controller must also constantly prioritize tasks. They may be frequently interrupted, therefore the ability to multi-task is crucial. The Financial Controller may be required to work the hours required to ‘get the job done’, so a strong commitment to the job is essential. This role can become highly pressurized and stressful; therefore, a flexible and positive approach is a key requirement and is highly valued.
The Financial Controller role is a leadership position which requires total confidentiality and discretion. The Financial Controller must maintain high ethical standards and a strong people-centered focus ensuring the team delivers all aspects of the function as required by the business.
Responsibilities of our Financial Controller:
- Lead, motivate, and manage the operational finance function within the European side of the organization
- Provide professional financial management expertise and support to the business officers and directors to achieve the group’s financial goals and objectives
- Prepare & review of monthly management accounts, including balance sheet and sub-ledger review & reconciliations (especially sales/collection reconciliations)
- Accruals and general ledger journals and review
- Fixed asset register and maintenance
- Production of cost reporting, including internal reports and external reports where required
- Production budget including O/H cost analysis/control and inter-department charging and time recording
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable analysis and credit control management
- Regular cash-flow reporting and forecasting (including PO system implementation/development and integration)
- Treasury management and reporting, including exchange hedging and investment activities
- Preparation and submission of Sales Tax list reports and other government reports as required
- Assistance in year-end accounts preparation and analysis and tax computation planning (including tax credit claims)
- Assistance in annual budget preparation and quarterly rolling forecasts
- KPI production, management, and monitoring
- Timesheet, labor, and cost allocation by function
- Ad-hoc accounts analysis
- Team management and development
- Determine and implement improvements within the Finance Team
- Implement strengthened financial control approvals and processes as required
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement
- Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination between relevant departments and management
Requirements & skills required from our Financial Controller:
- CIMA or ACA fully qualified
- Management experience
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Reporting skills
- Planning and organizing
- Financial excellence
- Co-ordination and control
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- World-class communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Conflict management
- Adaptability & stress tolerance
Benefits available to our Financial Controller:
- 20 days holiday
- Private healthcare
- Social events
- Free parking
- Pension contributions
If this Financial Controller position sounds right for you, please apply below now.