6 days left
- Full Time
to £50,000 + bonus, South Manchester
Our client is a fast paced, acquisitive, Private Equity backed international business services Group with in excess of 50 offices worldwide. A market leader in its sector globally, the business is developing rapidly and this is an exciting time to join the finance team as it drives expands its range of services through strategic acquisitions.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the Group Accountant role is broad and engages with business units across the globe. The role will build upon and draw from the experience you have gained while in practice. Key responsibilities include the following:-
- Working with the Group FC to deliver the Group consolidation process including disclosure notes (prepared under IFRS)
- Managing the process of drafting subsidiary financial statements under FRS102
- Providing technical accounting support to the team
- Key contact for the year-end audit
- Develop and improve the Statutory reporting environment, identifying quality and efficiency improvements
- Provide valuable analytical insights into key trends within monthly management reporting
- Carry out ad-hoc reporting analysis as requested by senior stakeholders
- Analyse and review budget and forecast KPIs to improve accuracy of forward-looking information
- Review of monthly management accounts for non-trading entities
- Perform reconciliations and checks on the consolidated Group balance sheet
- Assist in managing the Group’s budget process
- Proactively managing the team to ensure all reporting deadlines are consistently met
This role is suitable for a qualified ACA/ACCA with statutory accounts experience, ideally 1-2 years PQE. The role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is keen to continue to develop their career to the next level. The key skills and experience required for this role are:
- Practice background or industry experience of IFRS/ FRS 102 statutory accounts preparation from source information, with knowledge of key disclosures within a set of financial statements.
- A well organised, efficient and committed individual.
- Proven ability to pick up new areas of work quickly and ability to self-motivate.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to interact at all levels across a global organisation.
- Pro-active with a “can do” attitude to tasks and issues that arise.
This role will provide you with a large number of key skills that will be invaluable to you as you develop your finance career in the future, and as such represents an ideal first move into industry. The business is in a state of dynamic change and growth which will provide much stimulation and challenge in the role.
Apply for Group Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly