This listed and highly recognised media business based in the City are now on the lookout for a technically strong accountant looking to take on a Financial Controller position offering commercial exposure as well as project management. Managing a team of Qualified and Part-Qualified Accountants, you will be responsible for supporting the management team with accurate financial information and will drive better business decisions through accurate analysis and presentation work. You will be a key point of contact for finance-related queries, reporting requirements internally and management of external relationships with audit and tax contacts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of finance team
- Management and delivery of the month-end management accounts process
- Operational finance management
- Management of the budgeting and forecasting process
- Lead key change projects, in particular process redesign, system upgrades, modernisation and efficiencies
- Cashflow management
- Building relationships with front office and adding value
- Statutory accounts preparation
The position offers an opportunity to take on a traditional Financial Controller role with a healthy mix of commercial value and project management. You will also be key to launching and growing a new business segment, internationally. If the above looks good and is of interest to you, please do get in contact for a confidential chat and further detail.