Our client is a fast growing sports media business with an impressive track record to date. They are now looking to recruit a best in class CFO to join a highly driven management team as the business embarks on the next stage of its growth. The CFO will have overall responsibility for Finance, Legal, HR, IT and Facilities. Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with the business, the CFO will be hands-on with experience in managing high growth companies, building operations and successful teams.
- Supporting the CEO in developing strategy and delivering growth plan
- Managing a small finance team in UK and US
- Preparation of forecasts and business cases to support further funding/ investment
- Understand and monitor the revenue and cost dynamics of the business and suggest & implement recommendations as appropriate
- Part of Leadership team with responsibility for broad Business Operations, including the HR function and outsourced IT & Legal providers
- Continue to strengthen the controls within the business while improving efficiencies
- Close management of cash while allowing the business to deliver its objectives and growth
- Ensure all tax compliance is completed correctly and on time – UK & US
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills with experience at Leadership/ Board level, ideally with Digital Media or E-Commerce /Subscription experience. Previous fundraising/ sale experience is important for this role. Experience of US operations a distinct advantage.